Login Register

Trying out RGT Cycling virtual app

Posted December 09, 2019 07:55PM by Skye in the Zwift Riders Forum

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Zwift's new $15/month price is really making me think twice about renewing this winter, so I'm checking out this new free competitor

https://www.rgtcycling.com/

You connect your power meter to the phone app, then connect the app to a screen app on a desktop or AppleTV.

Seems to work really well on my PC laptop, was only getting 5 fps on my old Mac mini though. Doesn't have all the features of Zwift but it's free and it's just something to distract me from boring indoor riding (doing TrainerRoad base plan again) and looks just as good...

Anyone else using RGT?

Skye

Webmaster - Staminist.com

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

RGT Cycling is working out pretty well, the iOS controller app on my phone seems to crash/freeze on pretty much every ride when I wake up my phone to end the ride but recovers the data when I restart. The RGT Screen app on my Windows laptop is stable and looks great.

Not too many riders, but plenty of NPC riders around to keep it lively. Like I said before, this is just some visual distraction for my TrainerRoad workouts so I don't really care that it's missing all the social Zwift stuff. I don't think Zwift is that great for structured training, to be honest - I always get caught up going for PRs or racing other riders.

Skye

Webmaster - Staminist.com
Post a reply, start a new topic, join the conversation!

Create Account

Login

Online Users