Login Register

Finally got a pinch flat

Posted May 28, 2015 12:40PM by Skye in the Cycling Forum

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Was bombing down Rawlings in the park the other day and the back wheel feels funny... puncture. Pulled off and took out the tube, found two holes next to each other (similar to photo below) and no holes or debris in the tire, so I guess it was a pinch flat. Funny I don't remember hitting any big potholes and I'd been riding around on rougher terrain for hours before.

Not sure what pressure I was running, I've been experimenting with running the CX0 with tubes as low as possible. I just got a Topeak D2 digital tire pressure gauge in the mail so now I can measure the actual pressure instead of just letting air out until it feels right.

On the plus side, even though I wasn't carrying an extra tube, my new policy of carrying my Lezyne mini pump on any rides out of the neighbourhood worked out well. I carry one of those self-vulcanizing mini patch kits in every bag I carry, and being able to pump up the tube as many times as needed to find the holes was a LOT more useful than a 2-3 shot CO2 canister. Got me home at least.

Webmaster - Staminist.com

Attachments

pinch flat.jpg 42 KB open | download
pinch flat.jpg
Topeak-SmartGauge-D2.jpg 22.8 KB open | download
Topeak-SmartGauge-D2.jpg
Post a reply, start a new topic, join the conversation!

Create Account

Login

Online Users