Login Register

Testing embedded Strava runs

Posted March 09, 2015 12:52PM by Skye in the Running Forum

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Testing embedded Strava run links....

Nice run Paul! How's that Suunto Ambit working out for you?

https://www.strava.com/activities/264494404

Webmaster - Staminist.com

slee Paul Sly

Thanks Skye!

I mostly like the Ambit, with one major drawback: in order to download any of the activities from the watch, you need to be connected to the internet. It does work standalone at all. Other than that, I really like the fact that the watch has built in acceleromaters, so if it loses sight of GPS the track doesn't jump around all over the place.

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

That does seem like a strange design choice, especially in places like BC where there's a lot of places with no signal.

I guess there's no USB ports on it at all? And it can't sync to your desktop software over Wifi or Bluetooth?

slee Paul Sly

There is a USB port, which is the charger/data transfer port. It transfers data via a computer connection, but the computer has to be connected to the internet in order to do anything with the data from runs. This has been a problem, as they have had some outages with the Movescount website which have lasted for several days, which means that users haven't been able to access their data for several days. It does seem like a realy strange way to have users access their data.

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Tried this? ambit2gpx

Post a reply, start a new topic, join the conversation!

Create Account

Login

Online Users