Login Register

Finally got my gilet in the mail... Spring riding

Posted March 09, 2015 07:11PM by Skye in the Cycling Forum

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Spring riding should be much better now... picked this up on eBay which always takes a while to get across the border. Apparently I'm a size Small in Hincapie, gotta love US sizing, I'm a Large in the Italian brands. I must have gone to 5 different local stores, apparently gilets/vests aren't popular with riders here? Or they get some in the fall, but never restock (more likely). I suppose I could have gone to MEC or La Bicicletta for triple the price but I'm a cheapskate and I hate paying full retail for anything.

Anyway, it's Windtex fabric on the front and breathable mesh on the back. so hopefully it cuts the wind well, my torso is getting cold on road rides (and I don't want too many layers) so I've been sticking to slower MTB trails. It also has 3 pockets on the back, which seems to be missing on a lot of gilets I looked at. Nice touch it says "Boom Time" inside the collar, that's probably good for a few seconds. Not a big fan of being plastered with logos, but at least BMC and CTS are pro and most of my stuff is monochrome + red so it matches. Bye for now, gotta go try it out.

Skye

Webmaster - Staminist.com

Attachments

hincapie gilet windtex vest front.jpg 25.5 KB open | download
hincapie gilet windtex vest front.jpg
hincapie gilet windtex vest boom time.jpg 19.3 KB open | download
hincapie gilet windtex vest boom time.jpg

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Wow much better - especially on the descents! Should have worn my toe covers though, it got kinda foggy
(what a hardship, I know... we're having amazing spring weather here in the Northwest)

mod_instagram oembed error, check log

https://www.strava.com/activities/265749995/segments/6222874252

Webmaster - Staminist.com

Post a reply, start a new topic, join the conversation!

Create Account

Login

Online Users