Login Register

New Watopia Course - what do you think?

Posted January 06, 2016 01:00PM by Skye in the Zwift Riders Forum

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

I love the graphics on the new "Ocean Bvld" course in Watopia, the underwater tube is cool, and I love the huge trees in "Jurassic Park" and even the dust on the gravel section by the marina!

But I like the hills too - I find a totally flat course kind of boring, especially as short steep hills are a great reminder to stand (riding the stationary trainer for hours always makes me a bit numb), and provide a great place to attack when the drafting effect is lower for the wheel suckers.

What do you think of the new expansion? Looks like there's a "mountain course" coming soon - there's a billboard to that effect in the Jurassic Park section between the underwater tubes.

Webmaster - Staminist.com

Attachments

watopia-new-course-tgif-1.jpg 46 KB open | download
watopia-new-course-tgif-1.jpg
watopia-new-course-tgif-2.jpg 46.9 KB open | download
watopia-new-course-tgif-2.jpg

equinox Ramone

I love the new course and I'm in awe of the technology and talent that created it. Truthfully, when I'm riding, I'm focused on my performance and on my fellow riders. I appreciate the scenery, but it is just secondary.

Bikegeek Ray

Like it. I saw some construction barriers off the left in the new section so I guess there's more to come.

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Not to whine, but I hope they put some development effort into fixing some long-standing but very annoying small bugs before adding another new course!

Bikegeek Ray

Such as?

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Here's some small but annoying bugs that have been around for quite a while:

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200166935-Feature-Requests?sort_by=votes

A lot of people have requested a "stay logged in" checkbox. Plus it would be rather nice if changing your name in-game worked without having to sign out and back in again. Some sort of UI indicator showing where you are on the overall course. The pairing screen never remembers my Wahoo speed/cadence sensor. There are quite a lot of small bugs that add up. The mobile app can be rather buggy too, it often doesn't show all the riders I follow and I have to quit/restart the app to get it to display the correct list.

Bikegeek
Such as?

Bikegeek Ray

In-game profile update would be nice, You have a "pin" on the course map, upper right screen, that shows you where you are.

I have a CompuTrainer ans it's hard wired so I never lose pairing. The mobile is seems susceptible to server lag/issues. I've seen over 1200 people on concurrently and group texts can lag quite a bit.

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

Yes, you can see where you are on the course in profile, but it would be great if you could toggle that between a profile or overhead view (something like the attached photo). Actually some kind of isometric view like Veloviewer produces would be even better. Not a big deal, but just one of many small things - the UI needs a rethink. Like you said, with all the people online it's showing a few more cracks and I'm sure the devs are scrambling to keep up. One of the hardest parts of being a startup company like Zwift (after funding) is execution - ramping up your teams when you do get popular isn't easy.

Attachments

brazil-f1-course-tracker.jpg 24.1 KB open | download
brazil-f1-course-tracker.jpg
Post a reply, start a new topic, join the conversation!

Create Account

Login

Online Users