Login Register

Replacing front wheel on trainer setup?

Posted October 27, 2016 11:28AM by Skye in the Cycling Forum

Skye
Skye Skye Nott
@TheStaminist   5880115

In my endless quest to make my trainer setup as small as possible in my tiny apartment, I was thinking the other day that it would make sense to have some sort of stand that replaces the entire front wheel/riser block and attaches directly to the forks with a QR skewer. If it's adjustable height that would be even better, you could hop off and move it up to simulate a climb, instead of sticking old textbooks under the riser and trying to get it level.

I intend to continue using my Kurt Kinetic Road Machine at the back, although a direct drive trainer would also reduce space. So the front fork stand has to be free-standing, not attached to some rear wheel system like some of the old trainer photos below.

Unfortunately, the only trainer front wheel replacement stands I can find are for rollers. Anyone know if such a product exists? I suppose I could always make one next year.... I've been meaning to learn how to weld?

Skye

Webmaster - Staminist.com

Attachments

feedback-sports-sportcrafters-omnium-portable-trainer.jpg 72.4 KB open | download
feedback-sports-sportcrafters-omnium-portable-trainer.jpg
confidence-fitness-rollers.jpg 32.3 KB open | download
confidence-fitness-rollers.jpg
old-vetta-wind-trainer.jpg 46.2 KB open | download
old-vetta-wind-trainer.jpg
Post a reply, start a new topic, join the conversation!

Create Account

Login

Online Users